• Cleveland State University’s Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, OH (J.D. 2008)
• Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY (B.A. 2004)
• New York
• U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
• Federal District Court, Northern District of Ohio
HEATHER IN THE NEWS
- For Every High Profile Immigration Stay, Dozens Leave New England
- Immigration Enforcement under the Trump Administration (video)
- The Case of the ‘Perfect’ Undocumented Immigrant
- Visit of immigration agents to Memphis court draws concerns from lawyer
- Outlook 2018: More Scrutiny, Enforcement for Employment Visas
Heather Prendergast’s diverse immigration practice focuses on complex removal defense including trials, appeals, and federal court litigation; employment-based immigration for skilled professionals; family-based immigration; asylum; and naturalization.
She is one of 21 Directors elected to serve on the Board of Governors for the Washington, D.C. based American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), the premier bar association of more than 15,000 immigration attorneys and law professors. Heather regularly speaks about immigration issues at local, regional, and national conferences, serves on conference planning committees, and is an Adjunct Law Professor at Cleveland State University’s Cleveland-Marshall College of Law. Her remarks have been quoted in Rolling Stone, the Wall Street Journal, Associated Press, Bloomberg Law, the San Francisco Chronicle, as well as other publications.
In 2018, Heather joined the faculty at Cleveland State University’s Cleveland-Marshall College of Law as an Adjunct Professor teaching the law school’s Immigration & Nationality Law course.