• Brooklyn Law School, New York, NY (J.D. 2005)
• New York University, New York, NY (B.A. 2002)
• New York
• U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
NADEEN IN THE NEWS
- Thousands protest in downtown Cleveland joining rallies nationwide: Families Belong Together (video)
- What ‘protected status’ renewal means for Syrians living in US
- Trump Administration Weighs Whether To Extend Protections For Thousands of Syrians
- Will Politics Trump Humanity as Syrians in America Risk Losing Humanitarian Protection?
- Families Reaching Out to Expert After Travel Ban
Nadeen Aljlijakli practices exclusively in the area of immigration law with a focus on family-based immigration, asylum, and complex deportation and removal defense.
Nadeen is a recognized expert on Syrian asylum claims, and has been featured in numerous news media, including The Washington Post, Forbes, Al Jazeera, and the The Plain Dealer. In addition, The Huffington Post named her to its “Top Ten List: Muslims Who Save Lives.” Nadeen also received the 2016 Pro Bono Champion Award by the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Ohio Chapter.
Nadeen represents clients in matters involving adjustment of status and naturalization, asylum and refugee status, detention and bond, cancellation of removal, waivers of inadmissibility, and federal court litigation. She has also handled business immigration matters in the medical and university research sectors.
In 2019, Nadeen joined the faculty at Case Western Reserve University School of Law as an Adjunct Professor teaching the law school’s Immigration Law course.
Nadeen is a native Arabic speaker.